Mwangi Kiunjuri has been dropped as Agriculture Cabinet Secretary.
President Uhuru Kenyatta has announced the new changes in different ministries on Tuesday morning.
Mutahi Kagwe has been appointed as the new Health CS while Sicily Kariuki will now head the Water ministry.
Rachel Omamo has been reassigned to Foreign Affairs while Betty Maina takes over the Industrialisation docket.
Peter Munya is the new Agriculture CS while Monica Juma heads to the Defense docket.
Simon Chelugui moves to the Labour Ministry as Ukur Yatani officially becomes Finance CS.
Other changes are as follows:
- Hussein Dado- CAS Interior
- Ntutu Patrick- CAS Labour
- Tuimur Andrew-CAS Water
- Peter Odoyo- CAS Defense
- Maureen Mbaka- CAS ICT
- Winnie Guchu- CAS, State Law Office
- Lina Kilimo- CAS, Agriculture
Cabinet Secretaries who have retained their positions include
- Dr. Fred Matiang’i (Interior)
- Adan Mohammed (East African Community and Northern Corridor Development)
- Amina Mohammed (Sports, Culture and Heritage)
- Charles Keter (Energy)
- Eugene Wamalwa (Devolution)
- James Macharia (Transport)
- Joe Mucheru (ICT)
- Najib Balala (Tourism)
- Prof. George Magoha (Education)
- Farida Karoney (Lands)
- Keriako Tobiko (Environment)
- John Munyes (Petroleum and Mining)
- Margaret Kobia (Public Service)