Police in Manga, Nyamira County, are pursuing seven minors who escaped from a juvenile remand home after faking a short call.
The seven were among 49 remandees who were being escorted back to their hostels after a football session at the Manga Children’s Remand Home.
According to a police report seen they requested to relieve themselves at the latrines then started running towards the gate which had reportedly been left unlocked.
The escapees have since been identified as:
- Brian Arasa (pending case of robbery with violence)
- Cyprian Otwori Bisonga (pending case of stealing)
- Benard Kerosi Nyangaresi (pending case of murder)
- Bonface Nyakundi (pending case of murder)
- George Obenga Maubi (pending case of burglary)
- Ezekiel Makori Tengenya (pending case of stealing)
- Christopher Mokaya Nyabuti (pending case of housebreaking and stealing)