The Kenya Film and Classification Board (KFCB) has said the case against George Otieno Adinda alias Otieno Aloka over his Ochot Madhako song was to be withdrawn in court.
In a statement, KFCB boss Ezekiel Mutua confirmed that the Ohangla artiste published a public apology and wrote to the Board asking for out-of-court settlement which was agreed to.
“The Board had agreed to the request and written to the DCI to withdraw the case but because the matter had already been reported to the police, given an OB number and allocated a hearing date, withdrawal was to be done before the judge on Monday, August 31, 2020,” Mutua said.
“Interestingly upon appearance in court, the accused pleaded guilty to all the charges before the DCIO could present the request for withdrawal,” Mutua added
He was charged after pleading guilty to two counts: distribution and exhibition of a film contrary section 12 (2) of the Kenya Film and Stage Plays Act as well as failure to obtain a filming license contrary to section 4 (1) of the Kenya Film and Stage Plays Act.
The Ohangla artiste was fined Ksh. 60,000 for each count or a jail term of 12 months for each count.