- 2 1/2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup of Butter / Margarine
- 2 Tablespoons of Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Zest
- Pinch of Salt (Tiny Pinch)
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Essence
- 2 Teaspoons of Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg
- Step 1: In a mixing bowl add the butter together with the brown. sugar and mix well.
- Step 2: Add in the Vanilla Essence and mix.
- Step 3: Add in the egg and mix well.
- Step 4: Add in the fresh Lemon Zest.
- Step 5: Add in the Lemon Juice.
- Step 6: Add in the flour mixed with salt and baking powder. Add it in bits while mixing well. When done.. cover the dough with a cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 7: After 30 minutes are done… Line the baking tray with baking paper or aluminum foil paper. Rub some oil lightly on the foil to avoid sticking.
- Step 8: With an ice-cream scoop or regular tablespoon, scoop some cookie dough and roll them into balls.Arrange them well while spacing them appropriately.
- Step 9: In a sauce add 1 Tablespoon of icing sugar. Take a fork and dub it on the sugar.. Then make a pattern on the cookie dough balls by pressing down. The sugar will prevent the fork from sticking.
- Step 10: Place the baking tray inside the oven and bake at 180°C for 10-12 minutes.
- Step 11: Remove the cookies from the oven. Some may seem to be soft still but that’s fine they will harden when they cool. Place on a separate baking rack to cool.
- Step 12: Serve with some Milk 😊
- Step 13: To avoid soggy cookies.. Remember to store the cookies in a airtight tin or zip lock back to keep them crunchy.
CC. nimmoh of