Kirinyaga teacher accidentally burns her house while trying to kill a snake

Share

A primary school teacher from Kirinyaga Countyshe set her house on fire, while attempting to burn a snake that had entered the house.

Elizabeth Muthoni Gacheru,says she was washing clothes when she saw a snake slithering into her house and it got into the bedroom.

In a bid to flush snake out of the house, Ms Gacheru took a piece of cloth, set it on fire and threw it into the bedroom where the snake was hiding.

She then got out of the house waiting for the snake to slither out when she later saw smoke billowing from the house and it is then that she realised the fire had spread to other rooms in the house.

“I decided to light fire so that the snake could run away but I was shocked to see the whole house on fire,” said the woman.