The Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) has suspended seven peanut butter brands after they were found to contain excess levels of aflatoxin.
They suspended products include;
- Nuteez by Jetlak Foods Limited
- True nuts by Truenutz Kenya
- Fressy by Fressy Food Company Limited
- Supa meal by Supacosm Products Limited
- Sue’s Naturals by Nature’s Way Health
- Zesta by Trufoods Limited
- Nutty by Nature Target Distributors
The have been instructed to discontinue and recall all the products from the market.
“The suspension follows test results undertaken by KEBS which confirm that their levels of aflatoxin is higher than the maximum limit allowed by the Standard.” said KEBS in a statement.
KEBS has also suspended the companies permits which allows them to use the Standardization mark.
“KEBS will continue to undertake surveillance of the products at the factory and market to ensure that the public is protected from harmful products,” added KEBS.